Our Youth Program
Cancer affects everyone in the family — including children. Gilda's Club offers the area’s only ongoing support to children and teens who are living with cancer — their own diagnosis or that of a family member or friend. Our Youth Program offers a variety of opportunities for children, parents and others who share a parenting role including:
- Peer-based Support Groups – For youth affected by active cancers and youth who are bereaved
- Cancer Education – Special workshops providing basic cancer information and facts
- Social Connections – From overnights to day camps and everything in between – opportunities to meet other youth and to know they are not alone
- Family Focus – Cancer takes teamwork and your children are part of that team
- Parenting Workshop and Guided Discussions – Missing from most “How To” parenting books, we offer tips on helping parents support their children
- School/Classroom Support – Helping parents and students build supportive, collaborative relationships to promote adaptive coping
To learn more about program offerings for your child or teen, click here.
To talk with a team member about your child’s needs, click here.
For Articles, Books and Other Resources, click here.