Chance to win $500
Make yourself at home. Gilda's Club has cozy rooms for group meetings — specially designed for adults and youth — a large and flexible community room, kitchen, game room, play areas, art studio, deck and more.
At Gilda’s Club Louisville we offer the following benefits:
We offer opportunities to gather with other members who share a similar journey to widen your circle of support:
- Wellness: Members who have a cancer diagnosis come together to share their collective wisdom so that each may make more informed choices about how he/she chooses to live with cancer.
- Family & Friends: Cancer doesn’t affect only the person with a diagnosis — it affects everyone in the family—whomever you define your family to be.
- Children & Teens: We offer the only specialized ongoing support for children of all ages who are affected by cancer — their own or that of a family member or friend.
- Networking: Specialized opportunities are created as needed to network with others who share a specific cancer concern or other shared interest.
- Bereavement Support Groups: Peer-based support is offered for those grieving a loss due to a death from cancer.
- Family Focus: When your family needs extra support, we offer short-term, challenge-focused support.
We offer education about all aspects of living with cancer:
- Living day-to-day with cancer
- Relationships and cancer
- Parenting and cancer
- Addressing side effects
- Insurance and legal concerns
- Communicating with your medical team
- And more
We offer programs that feed your mind, body and spirit:
- Yoga, Zumba, Pilates
- Guided imagery, breathing and relaxation
- Cooking and nutrition
- Creative arts: music, dance, art, crafts and more
We offer small and large group social events for support:
- Seasonal parties and potlucks
- Movie and game nights
- Lock-Ins and sleepovers
- Day camps
- Special out-of-the-box programs for children and teens
Resources and Referrals
- Personalized assistance with referral to support within the Cancer Support Community network and local cancer-care community
- Member library
- Information regarding national resources
Click here for our MEMBER HANDBOOK